Great for breakfast or brunch on the run, these savoury muffins are quick and easy to put together.
15 minuets, once the flax egg is made
Cooking: 25 minuets
- 150g (51/2 oz 1/3 cups ) baby English spinach
- 200g (7 oz 1/3 cups) self raising flour
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon of mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked pa
- 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 175ml non-dairy milk
- 25ml vegetable oil
- 1 flax egg
- 75g non- dairy cheese, grated
Heat the oven to 190C (375 f/Gas 5). Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
Put the spinach in a pan, add a splash of water and set over a medium-high heat. Stir until wilted-it will only take a minute or so.drain the spinach, wrap in a clean tea towel (dish towel) and squeeze out any excess water.chop.
Mix the flour, 2 tablespoons of the nutritional yeast, the mustard powder, paprika salt and pepper in a bowl. In another bowl, mix together the milk, oil and the flax egg.
Mix the wet mixture into the dry – only just enough to combine – then fold in the cheese and spinach.
Spoon the mixture into the prepared paper cases. Sprinkle with the remaining nutritional yeast and bake for 20-25 minuets until firm to the touch and golden. Best enjoyed warm.