For the Curry
2 tbsp vegan butter
1 onion finely, chopped
2 tsp garam masala
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground turmeric
1 garlic clove
1 tsp ginger purée
1tbsp tomato purée
400ml ( 1 2/3 cup passata
200 ml (scant 1 cup )
Soya single cream
Salt and pepper to taste
2x225g blocks firm tofu
4 tbsp cornflour (cornstarch season) with salt, pepper, garlic granules,
Sunflower oil, for frying
2x250g pouches (3 cups) of basmati rice
Fresh green chilli (optional) and naans bread (optional)
1. For the curry, add 1 tbsp dairy free butter to a frying pan and set over a medium heat.
2.Peel and chopped onion and add to the pan with a pinch of salt. Fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally
3. Add the spices and cook for 1 minutes. Peel the garlic and add to the pan with ginger purée. Add the tomato purée and cook for two minutes.
4. Pour the passata into the pan, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat. And allow to cook for a few minutes.
5.For the tofu pour oil in a frying pan and, set over a high heat.
6. Make sure to to pat fry tofu with paper towel and placed tofu in a container or plastic bag with cornstarch with all your seasoning and shake until covered with seasoning and cornstarch flour. Remove from the bag or container and dust off, place each piece of tofu in hot oil cook until golden and crispy. Then remove and place on kitchen paper to drain.
7.Cook your basmati rice, according to the instructions on the packet.
8. Return to the curry and add the cream and the remaining tbsp of vegan butter to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Tip the tofu into the curry and stir until coated.
9.Served with plain white rice or naans bread.