Chunky Monkey Banana Bread Snack Cake and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Perfect as a snack with a glass of milk, a quick breakfast, or even dessert.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour gluten-free
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4-5 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional )
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick baking spray or line with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside
3.In a large mixing bowl, beat together the melted butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well blended. Mix in the bananas until combined.
4.Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until combined. Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
5.Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center (about 200° in the center with an instant read thermometer.) Let the bread cool slightly in the pan on a rack. Cut into squares to serve.